Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A New Day, A New Era, A New Mayor

Calgary wakes up today, some of us very hungover, to a new face in the Mayor's chair in Calgary, Mr. Naheed Nenshi. It will take us a while to get to know him as reflected by the radio station that I was listening to when I awoke this morning. They kept reporting that he was a U of C professor. Mr. Nenshi in fact comes to us from MRU.

Joining him on Council are very few new faces as voters did not do what they promised and clean a little house at City Hall. They chose the old tried and true in most of the Wards. That was a surprise for me.

This person did not support Naheed during the race but as I always do I will support him as my Mayor and allow him the opportunity to get his hands on the tremendous difficulty of the current state of affairs at City Hall including the large deficit.

So bonne chance and give it your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment